Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Fall in the Park and Thanksgiving

Everything has been rolling along here in NYC pretty well this fall. Ryan has been very busy working the night shift, which has been pretty rough. He has gotten to deliver several babies and see some really cool stuff on the upside though! Here are some pictures of what we have been up to:

We are turning Zach and Alexa into Ole Miss fans!

Hotty Toddy! We went to the Wharf to watch the LSU game. Great game. Disappointing ending.. but hey, we did very well. 

Alexa and I went to see the new and last Twilight movie together during Thanksgiving holidays! It was soooo good! As with the Twilight tradition from the island, we had to take a picture with the movie poster!

haha

Alexa and I went for a walk through Central Park after the movie, and it was gorgeous! 

The leaves were so pretty 


We found a castle

View from the castle

Love this picture

Belvedere Tower. I love saying that with a British accent.


Views from the tower

All of this is in Central Park

We had to take pictures with the seat of course!








Such a pretty tree 

We had so much fun!


Ryan had to work all Thanksgiving week on the night shift, so we decided to have Thanksgiving dinner on Friday night. 

We cooked a turkey breast which was the perfect size

It turned out pretty good

Our spread that I cooked. Not bad, eh?

Very thankful

Ryan wanted a red velvet cake.. so I went all out and made Paula Deen's red velvet cake. Not to toot my own horn, but it was pretty amazing. 



Zach, Alexa, and I decided to go and see the Christmas tree lighting at the Rockefeller Plaza. It didn't go quite as planned because Zach and Alexa weren't able to make it on time. Sooo I ended up getting there at about 5:00 p.m. and waiting in the cold for two hours by myself.. but it was worth it because I had a full view of the huge tree. I also didn't know that the tree lighting lasted two hours (I thought it was one hour). I guess I should have done my homework because I thought that the tree would be lit first with the performers afterwards. Boy, was I wrong. After the first hour of singing (didn't really have a view of the stage), one of the people from the Today Show said "And we are just under an hour from the tree lighting." I really thought "WHAT! I can't do it anymore!" It was fun, but my toes and feet were absolutely numb! But I stuck it out, and I waited. It was well worth it. Here are some pictures that I took. (It was hard to get a perfect picture because they had huge flood lights everywhere so there was a glare)



Decorations around the tree




Yay! After they finally lit it!




Do I look frozen? :) 



And here is a video that I took of them actually lighting it! 

So we have had a pretty good past couple of weeks, and we are gradually getting more into the holiday spirit! Ryan is thankful that he is finished with the night shift, and in a couple of weeks- he will start his Psych rotation! That should be pretty interesting.. to say the least. I'm looking forward to having the holidays off from work, and seeing the city more! Hopefully, we can get some more snow! (I'm probably the only one that feels that way, but I think it's so pretty!) 


2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing Jess! Views, food, and nothing is more magical than NYC at Christmas! Matt and I went three years ago at Christmas and it was something I'll never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are having a fantastic time. I am very happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete