Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

It's a BOY!

We went for our anatomy scan/sonogram and found out some exciting news: It's a boy! Many of you voted that it would be a boy, so you were right!

Here is your proof

Profile picture

He loves to land shark

I told Ryan that Baby Keen looks a little too much like The Emperor from Star Wars here. 

See the resemblance? :) 


Here is his cute little foot! 

We found out that our baby was approximately 8 ounces (half a pound), but my pregnancy app told me that he is also the size of a bell pepper... go figure. 

So now that we know that we are having a boy, we need to pick out a name. We can also let the planning begin- which leads me to our next topic:

Registering for a Baby (cue the scary music)

Wow. I figured that this would be overwhelming, but I never really knew just how taxing this process would be until I bribed Ryan with Starbucks talked Ryan into going with me to Buy Buy Baby on Saturday. Who knew that a baby needed so much stuff? Which leads me to my next question: Do they REALLY need all of this? Probably not, but where do you draw the line?

There was a very helpful sales assistant who helped us. She had 5 kids, so I trusted what she recommended. She would ask us things like: "Do you have any opinions on swaddling?" "Do you have any concerns for safety?" "How do you feel about baby monitors?" And Ryan and I would blankly stare at each other and at her and say "Uh, noooo?" "We don't know..." "Huh?" After about 3 hours of going through the store and scanning things that we were told we needed liked, we had to call it quits. Ryan was a trooper, but I could tell it was time to go when his eyes starting glazing over. We sure do have a lot to learn when it comes to anything to do with a baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment